Thursday, May 25, 2017

Luna.

On a hill, behind her house,
Luna sits alone.
"They took him away," she said to herself.
"Forever."

She saw everything.
That was a bloody moment,
A scary moment,
That she'll never forget.

In this world full of trouble,
Where the madness won’t stop,
She's begging for mercy,
While holding her hands.

"No...," she whispered.
"Come back to me."
But nothing changed.
She's alone.

One day,
When she took a walk with an angel,
She asked, "Is life worth living when you need to get by?"
"I’m still lonely."

He smiled to her,
And stroked her hair.
"You are brave," he said.
"Brave enough to ask."

He took a step toward her,
Closing the space between them.
"You have to let me go," he said.
"If you don't do it now, you never will."

Everyone had a forever,
But given a choice.
With teary eyes, he whispered,
"I'll be the one to look away first."

"You've already made me cry countless times," Luna said to herself.
"And do you know what this is?"
Luna wipes her tears, hoping for a path to follow him there.
"It's me, wiping away the last tear you'll ever get."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Says