Saturday, December 22, 2012

Sweet Nothing.


I wasn’t upset.
I'm away from anger.
I'm hiding the feelings I have within.
I am sorry.

I believe in myself.
I stay true to what I deserve as an independent woman.
I didn't lock myself into a box just like back then.
I deserve what you never gave and what you could never give.

I remember when you left for your flight.
I remember when you told me that you'll see me soon.
And all I wanted is your very arrival to come back to me safely.
Like you promised me every night before we closed our eyes to sleep.

And there was a time when everything was wrong.
But time heals everything.
Letting myself down will never work.
That’s when I realized that I am the one who can save myself.

You woke up those seven deadly sins in you.
The richness we had found is lost.
Nothing is forever, this will not last.
So I left you not because I didn't love you.

If only I had the time,
I would pray the time to stand still.
Because there are still few words left unspoken.
For you I lied so you can walk in your own path.

Now I see.
That people go through with life, but never seem to fully come alive.
Life is a long story so you better take a comfortable seat.
But when it ends, won’t they be surprised?

You should stop and think about others.

Moment to moment...
Seconds to minutes...
Minutes to hours...


And you will notice one thing.
You survived.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Says