Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Hummingbird's Elegy


02:00 AM, I'm wide awake.
Listening to an instrumental song called 'Vienna' by The Fray.
A pure sound of a piano,
And memories.

I never say goodbye to everything I had before this.
I hold them through these days.
Until they dry out from my hands.
But still, they never leave.

It hurts to know that they are here.
Alive, and agleam.
I can see their smiles so clearly.
I can feel how they hurt me that day.

I love you, you, and you.
All of you.
Those scars remain here in my chest forever.
Those warm bodies stay in my head.

But you, only you.
The one who tore my heart in two.
I don't want you here.
Let me go.

I'm running in pain.
I'm running in vain.
Because you run after me.
You find me and you won't let me walk alone.

I can't erase you.
Though you hurt me everytime I close my eyes.
Because the memory of you lingers forever.
Because you love me until now.

There is no way to reach me.
Because I'm already gone.
But this is not my goodbye.
This is my hello.

Too complicated to write about it here.
Nobody will understand.
But who cares?
I'm the one who takes this over.

Perhaps in three or five years,
Yours and mine will meet again.
I gave you time and this distance.
Let me take it back.

I am not your enemy.
No, we aren't.
I'm a woman and you're a man with these walls we built.
With these barriers we built.

Do as you please.
Love yourself.
Remember, I won't erase you.
You and the rest stay forever.

If tears could wash my pain away.
I would cry everyday.
Now, go.
But don't turn your back on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Says