Monday, June 25, 2018

A Ghost in the Doorway.


It's been months,
Since he left without words.
Lost opportunities, lost possibilities,
Feelings we can never get back.

He never gets old.
No, he would never.
He's still a lovely lover,
Who has come and gone.

One night,
He stood in front of my door.
He said, "I've been waiting for you."
"I will always be waiting for you."

It took me years to learn,
To understand, to feel the love.
The question of being worthy in the eyes of a man,
Lasts forever.

This is my life,
A life that turned its back to me.
I have no chance,
To take it back, to fix everything.

I threw you away.
I locked you up in a room.
I killed you.
But you still love me without asking why.

Such a brave man you are, Demetri.
You are that kind of person who might not be there again.
Give me time to speak,
And you will love me to the bones and flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Says