Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Year of Lights: Day 3.


I opened my eyes,
And you sat there beside me.
You said you have been watching me for half an hour.
"Watching you sleep is calming me", you said.

I looked to the mirror outside my bedroom.
Yes, you cleaned up my face.
"Anissa", you called.
I came to you and you cried.

I sat in front of you and asked why.
You said, "I don't want this to end. I want to be with you everyday, everytime".
"No, we can't... But there will be days where we will see each other every morning when we wake up and every night before we sleep".
"Anissa, it hurts me".

You held my hand, like a child who lost his favorite toy.
"Holding your hand like this, breathing with you when we slept... It hurts me".
I can't even say a word.
"I am cursed. Because, even when I wrapped my arms around you from the back like when we were sleeping last night, I still miss you like hell".

I can't say anything.
It hurt me so much.
You touched my cheek and said, 
"Read me".

I didn't read you, but I saw your colors.
I saw your anguish, your anger, and you thought that you were doomed.
You will lose me one day, you will blame yourself for what will happen.
The way to love someone, is to realize that the person may be lost.

"Anissa", you began to look better.
"Whatever you will be, I will always love you with a love that is more than love".
"There's this place in me where your fingerprints still rest, your kisses still linger, and your voice softly echoes. Part of you will always be a part of me".
And I wrapped my arms around you and cried.

We had lunch at Pizza Hut near my house.
Then we went to a supermarket,
We bought a bunch of things to clean the house,
Then we went home.

You kept your eyes on me while I cleaned the house.
Sometimes you played with my dog or smoked some cigarettes.
"Anissa, what if I get another tattoo?", you asked.
"A picture of a Night Fury, your favorite".

And came the time you had to say goodbye.
I felt bad, very bad.
You felt the same.
Yes, we're not good in any kind of goodbye.

Both of us took a deep breath.
You looked into my eyes and kissed my forehead.
"This is not a goodbye, Anissa. This is a thank you", you whispered.
"Thank you for everything".


"Thank you, for showing me that there will come a time where I have to let you go"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Says